Fall Colors Between Rhio's Ears

Fall Colors Between Rhio's Ears

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Happy, happy, happy!

I can't think of a single thing to complain about... oh, wait, yes I can - I only had an hour to enjoy this beautiful day from the back of my trusty steed, with our buddies by our side (well, actually, trailing behind us... Rhio had his engine revving today! Power trot, oh yeah!).

It was over 60 degrees, no wind, the sun was shining, and no bugs.  It really doesn't get much better than that.  Gesa and I took the boys over to a friend's place, so that we had access to a long stretch of quiet gravel road, and then just let the horses have their heads.  Rhio stopped to drink at the first available snow melt puddle, and other than a few other drink stops and walking down some hills, we trotted along merrily for 35 minutes "out," then turned around for the 25 minute trip home.  That usually works for me to get an hour's ride in, as my horses universally travel faster going home, but I was off about 5 minutes today and our ride ended up being 1 hour 5 minutes, and 6.6 miles.  Not bad!  I sure didn't want to stop, but I had an evening obligation (which did require showering before I attended) and had to keep an eye on the clock.

We've got plans to go again Friday morning, as the forecast continues to look pleasant and enticing.

Time until our first competition: 53 days
Miles so far in 2012: 44.8


No comments:

Post a Comment