Fall Colors Between Rhio's Ears

Fall Colors Between Rhio's Ears

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Sweet Sixteen

Got carrots? 

April 13, 1995 was a great day.  It's the day my boy Red was born on a farm in Wisconsin.  To celebrate, Red got a bunch of carrots, his favorite, and a hock injection with a special add-on service of sheath cleaning.  What a lucky birthday boy!

Still sedated post-hock and post-sheath cleaning

A friend sent me the following email, which I just had to share because it's hilarious!

"Dear Taryn (notice I am not calling you mom anymore),

Please take me off your birthday present list – I don’t like your birthday presents.  I was hoping for a hot bran mash, a full grooming with a massage and 50 lbs of carrots (that is to share with my friends).  Since your presents are not really to my liking I think I will celebrate my birthday by myself.  Good luck catching me?  I am going to go stay with the cows!

Red aka Pincushion"


No comments:

Post a Comment