Fall Colors Between Rhio's Ears

Fall Colors Between Rhio's Ears

Friday, April 8, 2011

Signs of Spring

Look closely & you'll see the oodles of chestnut fuzz littering the ground around him.  I love being able to do spring grooming outdoors where I don't have to clean up!
Yesterday was the first no-jacket weather we've had all spring, and Red, Kelso, & I went over to the gravel pit to explore.  Red's hocks are still sore, and I'm waiting on one item before I can do his injections, so we just moseyed and enjoyed.  See our ride in photo essay form below:

Gazing out over all the still-frozen ponds.

You can't see them in this picture, but there are Canada geese on one of the frozen ponds.

Poor geese possibly migrated just a shade too early this year!  They're stuck wandering around on the pond instead of swimming in it.

This is actually a photo of pussy willows - the little shrub next to the evergreen.  When the photo is large on my screen I can see them, but I realize you'll have to use your imagination for this one. Sorry!

The aquamarine color of the thinning ice was really pretty here - it is washed out in the photo.
Ready to go back out with his herd.

No comments:

Post a Comment