Fall Colors Between Rhio's Ears

Fall Colors Between Rhio's Ears

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Inspiring Sky


Wow - what a gorgeous evening sky we had last night.  I just had to go ride under that glow (the pics don't even come close to what it felt like to be bathed in that light).  



Cricket was out for his evening yard time, and I quickly tacked him up with the bareback pad for a few circuits around the outdoor arena.  He is an amazing ride - so light and responsive I was using mostly seat and a little leg to guide him.  He is so great because anyone can ride him, and he'll give them all a great ride.  But if you know how to ask, he can really perform.  I believe that he was mostly shown in Western Pleasure in his younger years - but I bought him at 23 when he'd been mostly a pasture pet and occasional trail horse for about 8 years.  I'm sure I don't even know what he can do!  I hope he can teach me a thing or two.  


No comments:

Post a Comment