Fall Colors Between Rhio's Ears

Fall Colors Between Rhio's Ears

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Boot Trial: Rhio #2

So to ascertain if there are differences in Rhio's way of going wearing different boots, I rode him yesterday in the Easyboot Gloves on his front feet (yes, 1 pair of boots fits 6 of my horses' 8 hooves!) and completely barefoot on his hind feet.  I was able to do this because I rode the trails around home only.  I could definitely still hear him forging, but his gait seemed better.  I'm probably not quite as able to assess because I was riding him in the bareback pad - so everything feels a little different anyway.  I did discover that he came home with a fair amount of debris in the boots, which tells me they're not fitting "like a glove" as they should.

Leah came along riding Red, so I had fun showing her my home training loops and we were lucky enough to see the bald eagles as well as the sandhill cranes.

That is one of the cranes in the open area between cow pastures at Dave & Carol's.

You can see how the boot doesn't actually fit the shape of Rhio's front feet all that well.

No comments:

Post a Comment